Thursday, February 09, 2006

Started Training ...

Actually, it's been about 2 weeks now that I've started my training walks. I've basically been on 3 walks, each around 4 miles. Plus mega walking on the treadmill at the gym. So, cumulative stats: 11 miles walked, 4.5 hours. Gotta work on that pace, it's too slow.

Weather has been wet, and I'm such a Goldilocks ... it's has to be 'just right' before I can mange to get my shoes on and out the door, LOL :-) And speaking of shoes, that has been an issue - I needed some new ones. Which I bought yesterday, went into a running shoe store and got properly fitted. They are so nice and comfy, I can't wait to walk in them! So hopefully next week I'd start following the schedule, which is 3 miles walks T/Th, and Sa/Su.

Fundraising is awesome - I'm almost halfway to my minimum *clap* My SIL Shannon has me beat, however as she has raised almost $1500 in less time. Which is thrilling, although I have to admit to feeling a bit competitive about it. Aren't I silly? My other SIL, Ruby, is coming to a orientation meeting with me next Sat, I hope to get her to commit to the walk as well. Her sister died Thanksgiving of breast cancer, so she knows first hand what a horrible disease it is.

Oh, and I forgot to mention - today I sold 4 chemo 'hair' caps! Very cool, all to the same lady, she on Tracy's breast cancer board. Tracy had posted a picture and she wanted to know where to buy them and Tracy had her email me. I had her donate directly to the 3-day walk and I've already knitted 2 1/2, just 1 1/2 to go. Yay! It seems sort of weird making a breast cancer patient donate to a breast cancer walk, however. But, it's a win-win situation, right?

No comments: