Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Final Sea Days 3/21-3/23

Our trip is coming to an end ... but we are making the most of the last two full days at sea! We were up early, to our morning coffee in bed ... then up to the gym to work off that amazing meal from last night. The ship is hosting a Grand Buffet Brunch in the Discoveries Dining Room from 10:30 - 1:30, we have planned to go around noon. When we arrive, oh my goodness ... how lovely! Pretty ice sculptures, amazing food - the prime rib was to die for. And the shrimp! I ate a bowlful!! What a nice treat!
We find that the demand for chairs by the pool in the sun is much less these days, everyone is fighting for the shade, lol. Myself included, I have had enough sun. I am allergic, I have a lovely rash. But I think it's from the sunscreen, we went through 4 large tubes of it! My lovely deck 5 has been discovered and I can't even get a seat there. Boo. So we boldly go back to the sun, draping ourselves with towels. They come around every afternoon with cold towels, mist for your face and cucumbers. And a lovely fruit snack!
The last few nights are blur - I know there were more lovely meals, and fabulous shows. We love the Journey Cabaret performers, they are amazing. The Best of Broadway show was their last show, and they didn't disappoint. Although we were a little distracted because we had to have our luggage outside our stateroom by 11pm, and the show ended at 10:50! Lots of people left during the show, I wonder if they hadn't packed yet? I know we waited until the last possible minute, didn't want to admit that our trip to paradise was almost over!

Here we are on our last night, enjoying our last sunset, martinis (and sushi). What memories we have made!






Farewell to the Journey!

1 comment:

Bobbi-Lynn said...

I am so happy that you had such an amazing time!!