Friday, October 06, 2006

Where did September go?

How did it get to be October 6th? Time is moving so quickly for me these days. When I was a child, summer was endless ... now it goes by in a blink. However, I do love Fall .. the cool, crisp air on an sunny day, the lovely colors of the turning leaves. Yet I hate raking all those leaves, lol! And I've never seen the point of leaf blowers ... shouldn't we suck them up into a bag, instead of blowing them around?

Yesterday was spent in my garden ... planting tulip, hyacinth and daffodils. I went crazy and bought like 200 bulbs! What was I thinking? I only got half planted, and will try to plant the rest this morning. While it's a lot of work, I know I will be so happy come Spring when they start blooming. Assuming the squirrels don't dig them all up - for some reason, they love the daffodil bulbs especially. They must taste good to them, lol.

Busy next few days .. off to Lake Wenatchee to winterize our trailer, weather forecast shows night temps near freezing. Which means snow will be right around the corner - yay! I'm always sad to winterize, though ... no more shower, toilet or hot water. Sigh.

Saturday I have an open-house to attend, and Sunday will be driving 2 hours south to visit my SIL Shannon. She lives on Hood's Canal and this weekend is Oysterfest!! While I personally can't stand oysters (uck) ... I love a good festival.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Have fun at the festival :)

Anonymous said...

I wish i had a place to plant bulbs, and the time/brainpower to think of them in the right season. *rolleyes*

I hope Oysterfest was fun! :)