I was away for 5 days ... couldn't talk about it here on my blog as it was a surprise for Lawanda (and I know she checks in here every now and again, lol ). I had a voucher from American Airlines from my trip to New Orleans last Fall that was cancelled due to Katrina (grrr) and it needed to be used by the 5th of November. So I decided last minute to go to WVa and surprise Lawanda. Of course, after I booked my flight I found out that I could have probably used it in November, as Tracy is using hers for travel then ... but that's okay, I'm so happy I used it for this.
The actual travel was awful - weather in Chicago caused a 4 hour delay in my arrival there (since when are there snow storms Oct 12th?) which had me getting to my hotel at 3am. Thankfully, that was only midnight to me as I was still on west coast time, LOL. Then yesterday I was delayed in Dallas for 2 hours because the toilets wouldn't flush on our plane ... so I arrived home at 11pm, which was 2am for me, since I'm now on east coast time! LOL. I'm not planning on taking a plane anytime soon, heheheh.
But ScrapCamp was awesome, as usual. And Lawanda was surprised, sort of. She knew she was getting a surprise, and sort of assumed (correctly) that it was me. So it all was good.
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It was a FANTABULOUS surprise!!!! If my surprise hadnt been you, I would have been SO DISAPPOINTED! :-D
Sorry the plane travel was so icky though. :(
Glad you are safe and sound home again :)
Post a Comment