We are having such an amazing Indian Summer ... gorgeous, sunny days and cool, crisp nights. I think tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 70s! I love this time of year, although I have to confess to having a hard time trying to decide what to wear, lol.
I finally saw Narnia this weekend - great movie, but oh - not really a children's movie, in my mind. I wonder what all my friends were thinking, taking their small ones to see it! I can imagine it would be very frightening, all the violence. I know that when I read the book, the fighting wasn't so vivid in my mind, so I was actually surprised to see so much of it in the movie. Of course, it's been over 30 years since I read the book too, LOL. Yet, it was rated PG for a reason, and I truly do believe that I wouldn't have taken my child if they were under 10 to see it. I know most people did take their small children, which makes me a little sad. I wonder if part of the reason our world is so much more violent today is the desensitizing of our youth?
Well, enough of my ramblings .. today is Weight Watchers, my most dreaded day of the week, lol. I have been so good the past 2 weeks, and I hate that the scale isn't moving. Middle age is no fun, I think it is true that it's impossible to lose weight over 40! But I just need to keep stuggling on, as there is really no other alternative. I saw that Carnie Wilson put on a lot of her weight after her gastric bypass, proving that is no magic answer. Granted, it came back due to pregnancy - but no one needs to gain 70 pounds with a pregnancy! I would have thought it would be hard to gain it back like that, but I guess not. She's had to take off that weight like the rest of us, with diet and exercise. So surgery really isn't an option for me, although sometimes when I see how much I need to lose it really is overwhelming. Sigh.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm glad you are enjoying the nice weather, Bonnie.
I was thinking Narnia looked like a bit much for young kids, too. My neice went to see it last year with her 4th grade class (she was 9). I think I'd like to watch it with them.
I'm sorry you are frustrated with your weight loss. I hope you got some good news at WW today.
Hugs
Post a Comment