Friday, June 26, 2009

More New Orleans Photos!

I know you are all waiting with baited breath for more pics, lol. I have plenty to share!!!

So, continuing from yesterdays post ... after we went to Frenchman St, we wandered down to the Riverfront. I love waterfront places, and this didn't disappoint. It was so cool to see the big ships maneuver the river, it's sort of in an 'S' shape and the current runs pretty fast and making the turn looked challenging for them. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of them, but trust me - it's cool. LOL. I did get a pic of the Huey Long bridge - he was my dad's hero, 'Every Man a King' was his philosophy, he believed in sharing the wealth.

There was a woman playing a piano on top of the steamwheeler, it was fun to listen to.

Dinner that night was at a place called Landry's - yummy!! John had etouffee, I think that was our favorite food ... shrimp or crawfish, we loved them all!! But my blackened catfish with dirty rice was pretty good too (didn't get a pic of that).

Tuesday, June 9
We partied late last night on Bourbon Street, so ended sleeping in a bit. First stop was Johnny's for lunch and a po'boy sandwich ... I had the Johnny's special with extra gravy and it was soooo good!! I can't believe I ate the whole thing, but I did. We were glad we got there early (around 11:30ish) because by the time we left, the line was out the door!
Since we were so stuffed, and it was starting to get hot, we decided to go to the aquarium. What a great place! We really enjoyed ourselves.

Dinner that night was at a place called Montrel's Bistro - I had boiled crawfish for the first time. I was in heaven - soooo good!! They boil them in this cool drum right in front of you, I liked that they are so fresh.


That's all I have time to upload today - more tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm proud of you for sucking the heads! LOL You look like a true native. :)

I may need to get crawfish this week. Zachary saw your pictures and it prompted him. I may have to run around the corner and pick some up for dinner.

LOVE your aquarium pictures. We plan to go this week (I want to do the zoo but it is too freaking HOT!).

I meant to tell you that my name is on one of the bricks in front of the aquarium. Though I wouldn't recommend trying to find it. I've tried and can't find it anymore - I can't remember where it was (somewhere I have a certificate with the location). My kids have tried. It's too hot to stand out there searching. LOL

I love our riverfront. And the current and curve of the river are difficult to navigate. The river pilots that navigate right through the city are specialized and live here. They get on the boats before they come up through here, take over from the pilots on ship, and then get off after they've gotten through the area. It's hard to get in (you have to know someone - very much a good ol' boys network).

Hopes Handcrafts said...

I love the aquarium pics though I'll pass on the crawfish..ewww! so...did you go on that steamboat?