Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm baack!

For someone who likes to be online all the time, it's amazing how bad of a blogger I am. LOL. Oh well. I thought I'd share our New Orlean's pics, a few each day. What a wonderful city, we had such a great time and hope we can go back again soon.

We flew out bright and early on Saturday June 6th, and got to NOLA mid-afternoon, in time for the party to welcome Miss Chloe.

Here are Shannon, Chloe and I

Sunday, June 7th
Our first stop after checking into the Royal Sonesta was to Acme for oysters and fried catfish. Uck to the oysters, but yum to the catfish
Our hotel was great - fabulous location (right off Bourbon Street) and beautiful
The view from our room was the pool area, so peaceful and quiet.
We finished up our first day in New Oleans with a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens courtyard, yummy. And the fountain with fire was pretty cool too.





4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the pictures! Glad you room view was the pool and that it was peaceful. I usually pay extra for the Quarter balcony - I like to sit out on the balcony and absorb the energy coming off of the street. It's loud, but vibrant. And like I said, my favorite hotel down there.

I'll take your share of oysters! LOL Or Zachary may fight me for them. He loves oysters.

I love the courtyard at Pat O's! Isn't that fountain cool? Great layout of that picture too. :)

Bonnie said...

We really enjoyed the courtyard at Pat O's, glad we chose to buy the tourist photo instead of the glass. Much easier to trek home. I loved the hotel, and while I agree it would be fun to have a balcony room - I do like quiet when I sleep. And we tend to go to bed early, being old farts and all. lol.

Bobbi-Lynn said...

Oh those pics make me want to go! LOL
The food looks so yummy, the buildings are beautiful.
And love that pic of you and Shannon, you both look great. Chloe is such a doll!

Gwen said...

Gary would say that those Gulf oysters are better than anything you'd get in the PNW. LOL Love that photo of John!

I have a photo of me and some young single girlfriends at Pat O's during spring break once. Geez... those memories are cloudy!