And for once I'm so happy it's behind me! Rough time for me, harder than I thought it would be. Dad's passing, combined with having to finish up all my presents for John's family in 3 days, made it much more stressful! LOL. We have a make it or bake it rule for his family, so I made up several batches of Chex Mix (and ate way too much, according to the scale, boohoo) and I felted handbags for my SILs & nieces. That was the one good thing with caring for my Dad, I had lots of free time to knit while he was sleeping. I think everything turned out nicely, and they all seemed pleased. Thought I'd share a picture of the finished bags (knitted MIL a potholder):
For my BIL, I made him a desk calendar from a watercolor sketch pad. I have to say, it probably was the best reception from a handmade gift I've ever gotten - he was very touched!

Now I'm sort of at loose ends - John left late last night (poor guy ... red-eye to Newark and then onto Jamaica and he was catching a cold). But I'm knitting yet another bag, so that will keep me a bit busy. And I hope to start scrapping again! Today my goal is to buy a laptop, I've been wanting one for a while now and Santa must have forgotten to put it in his sleigh *wink* LOL.
4 comments:
Wow, look at all that stuff!! You really rocked that bag-making, yay!
Cool idea for the calendar! I'm glad he liked it and made you feel it was worth it.
The handbags look great, Bonnie! I'm jealous of your ability to knit!
So, did you buy the laptop today?
Those felted bags ROCK! You are SO talented Bonnie! I love that calendar too!
Those bags are cool, but I really LOVE that calendar! I'm so glad that he liked it :)
Post a Comment