Monday, January 22, 2007

Brrrrrrr!

Well, I've been an absent blogger for a while now - thought I'd do better, especially having a new laptop and wireless internet in my house! LOL. We've had some bad weather, snow and cold ... finally back to normal weather in that department - and my heater broke! So I've been without heat for 3 1/2 days, it's been 50F inside my house since Saturday morning. Brrrrrrrr!

I woke up Friday morning and the house was cold. Yet I heard the furnace running - strange. After a little investigating, it appeared that my furnace wasn't lighting, so I figured an igniter switch, they go out about every 5 years it seems. Took me several hours to find someone who could come out today and fix it ... only to find out it wasn't the igniter - it was some main circuit board. $750 part, $200 labor. For a furnace that is 18 years old - just didn't seem smart to me. Especially when they told me the same furnace, actually a bit better because it's more efficient now, will only cost me $2500. But I'm not thrilled that I have to get a new furnace, and I'm not really in a position to shop around. Kind of hard to go without heat in January (if it was April, well I'd be looking a holding off). Sigh. It's only money, right? And I knew that the furnace would need to be replaced in the near future, they don't last much more than 15-20 years. I just hate unexpected expenses. Anyway, the furnace guys are here installing the new one ... and let me tell you, I can't wait to fire that puppy up! Gonna park myself on the heater vent once it gets going, lol!

Here's a digi layout from our snow day last week - I'm grateful my furnace didn't break then, as it was 18F at night!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I'm so glad that you'll be sleeping in a warm house tonight!

Anne said...

I'm glad you have heat now.