
Dad died this morning - 2:40am. We had to take him to a hospice facility Monday morning as I could no longer care for him - he needed stronger medication to make him comfortable that I couldn't give him. I'd been living with him the last month, which was such a gift for me. That he allowed that, as he was so independent. He was a fighter to the end! Anyway, he wasn't able to speak after 4am Monday morning, but he was alert last night and aware I was with him as of 8pm, when he was having some tremors and difficulty breathing - I was able to hold him and make him calm while waiting for the extra medication to kick in ... from there he never regained consciousness and I feel asleep around 1am ... but at 2:30 I heard him stop breathing, awoke and was holding his hand and felt his pulse fade away. So, I'm glad I was there for him and so happy he's finally free of that diseased body!
Rest in Peace, Dad!
Glen McCulloch
2/14/24 - 12/13/06

4 comments:
(((big huge hugs))) Bonnie. I'm around if you need something :)
I'm so sorry, Bonnie. (((hug)))
(((Bonnie)))
(((hugs))) Bonnie. I know this will be a hard holiday for you.
Post a Comment