Sunday, December 25, 2005

HO! HO! HO!

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Christmas with family and loved ones ... I can honestly say I had a very lovely holiday! I was worried it would be difficult without my Mom here, as Christmas was something she truly enjoyed. But, while I did think of her often today, I only had one or two really hard moments and they didn't last long. My Dad seemed to enjoy himself as well, he came early for brunch, enjoyed his gifts, we all napped while watching football and then enjoyed a simple but delicious steak dinner. To be honest, my parents never stayed that long at my house when my Mom was alive! LOL. Christmas Eve was also a pleasure, with all of John's family (14 people!) here for dinner. I went a bit crazy and prepared enough food for 30 (prime rib, smoked turkey breast and smoked pork loin) but it was intentional as now I don't have to cook for the rest of the week. John's company is officially closed, and we have plans to do nothing for 7 days!!! Well, I may have to do laundry in the morning, and I may take down Xmas decorations ... I put them up so early (Dec 6th) and I am sick of them now. LOL But really, we're hoping for some much needed down time. In fact, I'm heading to bed now - worn out from the past 2 days! Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great holiday!! We had fun! Got lots of stuff!!! LOL And ate lots of stuff too! hehehe