Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm so bad at blogging!

Primarily because I think I have nothing worthwhile to say, lol. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since I last wrote someething here! It's been a busy time, my rommie Shannon got a job and moved an hour away, then I got some upsetting news about a friend that just stopped me in my tracks. Breast Cancer. Why do those 2 words instill such fear and panic in me? For days I cried, ate everything in sight and finally realized that bad things happen to good people and it's not my place to understand why. I know my friend will be fine, I'm just really sad that she has to go through so much to get better. Surgeries, chemo, radiation, loss of hair .... I so want to fix everything for everyone and it tears me up when I can't!!!

Anyhoo - I'm doing much better, scrapping actually has been helping. Had a scrap weekend at the in-laws cabin on Whidbey Island, which was fun but bittersweet because Tracy was recovering from surgery and couldn't attend. Then last weekend I went to West Virgina for ScrapCamp with Lawanda - what an awesome time! We talked and talked (I'm sure I bored her to death with all my stories) and I met all sorts of new people. Of course, I have yet to meet a scrapper I haven't liked! It was wonderful and I've sort of got my groove back. And this Friday is the CK Convention in Bellevue, so I'll be seeing Andrea and my newest scrapping pal Deb there. Plus 2 nights in a hotel. Tracy was supposed to come with, we were making it a big girls weekend away (even if it is only 12 miles from my house, lol ) but she starts her chemo that day. So, John & I decided to stay at the hotel anyway ... we can get room service, watch in-room movies and have little break before he leaves again on the 31st. I'm at the convention 8am-9pm on Friday, but we'll still have plenty of time together.

Enough ramblings - see, I truly don't have anything worthwhile to post!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think our brains are on the same wavelength (see my post for today!). I personally check here everytime I "blog" around! hehe I have NEVER EVER been bored by anything you speak, woman! I so enjoyed our visit that I am hoping to get to do it agian sometime soon...sometime someplace! :-D