I saw this on Erin's blog and thought it would be fun to do it myself ... although I have to confess to hardly being able to remember what I was doing 20 minutes ago, let alone 20 years, hehehe.
20 years ago….
1. I was 28 years old, been married for just a little over 7 years
2. We had just bought our first home and were thinking of staring a family
3. I left The Bon Marche after 10 years for a sales job for Marvella
10 years ago….
1. I was 39 and the dreams of having a baby were behind us. Still not happy about that!
2. I was downsized from my sales job and had started a new career as a bookkeeper.
3. We started looking for vacation property, no need to save money for college funds. Found our spot in the mountains 8 years ago.
5 years ago….
1. Started working extremely part time and loving it. John was making good money at Vulcan and we decided it was better to have me work less and be happy than have more money in the bank and me being crabby all the time. LOL
2. We bought a fancy 5th-wheel trailer for the property and put in electricity/telephone. Such luxury, lol
3. Walked in my 1st 3-day breast cancer walk (well, that was actually 6 years ago) in support of my mom and John's mom who were diagnosed with breast cancer the previous year. Discovered scrapbooking as a result, and I'm sure John regrets it (based on the amount of money I've spent on it these past 5 years, hehehe).
3 years ago….
1. My mother had just died of lung cancer, I was still in shock and helping my Dad deal with his grief and loneliness.
2. John and I celebrated 25 years together, 24 years of marriage.
3. I really don't remember much more from then, grief was the status of my life then.
1 year ago….
1. Lost my dad 6 months earlier, from prostate cancer. One year ago I was just starting to come out of my deep depression. Thank goodness for therapy!
2. Paid off our house, that was one thing my Dad really wanted us to do and I was happy I was able to do it before he passed. It's so nice to no longer have too many financial concerns now!
3. I spent the fall helping John's sister move into her first home, she bought a used manufactured home in Shelton that needed a LOT of work.
This year so far….
1. I went to Toronto and Dallas to visit online friends and partake in a baseball game in each location. Still hoping to see all major league baseball parks before I turn 50 (which is in 2 years - yikes!)
2. Started playing golf, and am surprised at how much I enjoy it. Something about being outdoors on a sunny day makes me very happy. I don't even seem to mind that I'm so bad at it!
3. John gave notice at his job as Chief Engineer on the ship. Yay! He'll still be working for the same company, but in a different capacity. He is supposed to travel a lot less, which is what I have wanted for a while now.
Yesterday….
1. Spent the weekend in Shelton, family bday party with all of John's clan. Lots of fun.
2. Went to breakfast in Hoodsport at our favorite hole-in-the-wall so John could have oysters. Uck. Hate oysters.
3. Spent way too much time in a ferry line coming home - what a dreary way to travel on a Sunday evening. I thought people had no money to travel with gas being so expensive?
Today….
1. Got up at 5am so I could go through a week's worth of mail (we've been gone for 10 days from the house)
2. Drove John into Seattle so he could attend a meeting.
3. Been sitting here at Tully's for almost 2 hours with their free wi-fi - wonder if they'll start giving me dirty looks soon?
Tomorrow….
1. We are driving to Whidbey Island, hoping to look at another vacation property. Remember - no college fund needed here *wink*
2. Back to the gym, my 2 week vacation is over. I know my trainer will be cruel and I'm not looking forward to the pain.
3. Need to do some yard work, our sunny weather is coming to an end in a couple of days.
Next year….
1. We will be one year closer to retirement.
2. We will have a flushing toilet and shower at our property.
3. I will be getting ready to compete in my first triathalon (July of 2009). Gotta start training!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment