Monday, November 06, 2006

I've been viiolated!

At least that is how I feel! Somehow, someone has accessed both my internet email addresses and changed my passwords. Gmail and Hotmail. And I think it stems from Ebay, as I received an email last evening stating my password had been changed, and if I hadn't done it, then I need to log onto my ebay account. Which I did, but from the main Ebay page - not from the link in the email, as I wasn't sure if it was a spoof or not. And, it wasn't a spoof - so I did the security question/reset password thing and thought all was well. But now I can't get into my email accounts (both are linked to my ebay account, unfortunately) and I can't get into my ebay account either.

So I just emailed Ebay and asked them to close my account, hope that resolves this. And I think I'll just have to open new email accounts, as Gmail says I have to wait 5 days before they can do anything and Hotmail doesn't even list a place to notify that my account has been compromised.

I can't help but feel a bit violated, angry and irritated. Why people do such things amazes me, what are they hoping to gain?

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I just don't understand the appeal for people to do things like this :(

Anonymous said...

Man that really STINKS! Just gives another thing to have to worry about.

Sorry you've been violated and had this trouble :(

S said...

yikes! That IS being violated! I think sometimes people get off just knowing that they CAN do it. Grrr.. Hope you get it sorted out